Keywords are the starting point of any Inbound Marketing strategy. It is through these that potential customers come to you to visit your site/blog and buy products or services that you offer. Thus, selecting the best keywords is halfway to being found, read, and shared.This principle is valid for websites, landing pages, and also blogs. If you want your article to appear in Google’s organic results, know that the chosen keyword is decisive. In fact, it can dictate the success or failure of the publication!Today, we share with you 10 tips for choosing the right keywords for your articles.
1. Analyze the most researched topics by the public
The first tip is easy to apply. Start by knowing what searches users do most in your business area. Do it using Google Trends. From there, you will have ideas for writing new content.
2. Explore the long-tail keywords
Keyword selection should start with the main keyword and then venture into the long-tail keywords.The first are generic terms, which summarize your business and which, in general, are more in demand, but are also more competitive. Users with higher purchase intent are already searching for the long-tail keyword, which translates into better conversion rates. However, they have a lower search volume.The Ubersuggest is a very useful tool to gather long-tail keyword ideas.
3. Assess the business persona
Think about your persona. How would your target audience search to get to your article and get the answer they’re looking for? When writing articles for a blog, it is important to define less technical keywords, as users are not experts in the field.
4. Consider the various stages of the buying journey
Content producers tend to select keywords from the bottom of the funnel. However, it is important to cover terms for the various stages of the buying journey. Include keywords that customers use from the moment they become interested in the product until the moment they check out.If you have already defined the stages of the purchase journey, it will be easy to see which are the most common questions in each stage. Define keywords and produce content that answers these questions!
5. Make a list
Create a list of keywords and, over time, produce content that includes them. It is important to be careful in this work. Don’t just randomly introduce keywords from your list here and there. Also, don’t favor quantity over quality of keywords.
6. Evaluate the competition
Visit competing sites to find new trends, popular articles, or niches that are yet to be explored. Define your keywords and start producing content. But first, it’s important to use Google Trends or Google Keyword Planner to see if people are interested in this content.
7. Avoid Keyword Stuffing
Avoid using a keyword in excess, in order to gain placement in search engines. This strategy compromises the meaning and quality of the text. In addition, Google recognizes synonyms and terms related to your keywords. Use them to enrich your article.
8. Enter enough keyword
According to SEO rules, the keyword must represent at least 1% of the total words in the article. In addition, it should be included at strategic points in the text, such as the title and subtitle.
9. Evaluate the results of your strategy
Make sure your blog is positioned on Google for the keywords it has been working on. This analysis can:
- Give you ideas for new keywords . If some articles are positioned using keywords you didn’t choose, take advantage of these traffic opportunities!Help you understand whether or not to continue to produce content for your chosen keywords (they may not be generating visits to the blog ).
10. Categorize keywords on the blogThe content of a blog must be organized so that visitors can easily find what they are looking for. Some blogs organize the articles in chronological order, but you can also do it by categories. It’s easier for those looking for specific content and lets you know what the most popular topics are. This will give rise to new ideas to work on!Keywords and quality content are the perfect pair to achieve good results in Search Engines. In order to get the best keywords for your blog articles, you just need to research trends, know your audience and be aware of Google’s algorithm updates. Once people come to you, captivate their attention with original and interesting content.